- Burns, R., & Wark, G. 2020. Where’s the database in digital ethnography? Exploring database ethnography for open data research. Qualitative Research, 20(5), 598-616.
- Dodds, S. & Hess, A.C. 2020. Adapting research methodology during COVID-19: lessons for transformative service research, Journal of Service Management Ahead-of-print.
- Lobe, B., Morgan, D & Hoffman, K.A. 2020. Qualitative Data Collection in an Era of Social Distancing, International Journal of Qualitative Methods.
- Marhefka, S., Lockhart, E., & Turner, D. 2020. Achieve research continuity during social distancing by rapidly implementing individual and group videoconferencing with participants: key considerations, best practices, and protocols. AIDS and Behavior, 1.
- Teti, M., Schatz, E. & Liebenberg, L. 2020. Methods in the Time of COVID-19: The Vital Role of Qualitative Inquiries, International Journal of Qualitative Methods.
- Thompson, A., Stringfellow, L., Maclean, M., & Nazzal, A. 2021. Ethical considerations and challenges for using digital ethnography to research vulnerable populations. Journal of Business Research, 124, 676-683.
- Vindrola-Padros, C., Chisnall, G., Cooper, S., Dowrick, A., Djellouli, N., Symmons, S. M., Martin, S., Singleton, G., Vanderslott, S., Vera, N. & Johnson, G.A. 2020. Carrying out rapid qualitative research during a pandemic: emerging lessons from COVID-19. Qualitative health research, 30(14), 2192-2204.
Special issue of Survey Research Methods 14 (2) 2020 on Survey Research Methods during the COVID-19 Crisis
National Centre for Research Methods, Changing Research Practice: Undertaking social science research in the context of Covid-19, ESRC funded project
- Adapting Research Methodologies In the COVID-19 Pandemic, UTS and University of Washington.
- Bania, J. & Dubey, R. 2020. The Covid-19 Pandemic and Social Science (Qualitative) Research: An Epistemological Analysis.
- Chidlow, A. 2020. COVID-19: Where to go for reliable and accurate data.
- Cornwall, W. 2020. Social scientists scramble to study pandemic, in real time
- Doing Ethnography Remotely, Stanford Center for Global Ethnography
- DeHart, M. 2020. Thinking Ethnographically in Pandemic Times.
- Fine, G.A., Johnson, J.E. and Abramson, C.M. 2020. Ethnography in the Time of COVID-19
- Gardner, B. 2020. Challenges of Doing Research in a Pandemic: Reframing, Adapting and Introducing qualitative methods.
- Geisen, E. 2020. Social distancing in market research: Pivoting in-person methodologies.
- Herbert, M.B. 2020. Creatively adapting research methods during COVID-19.
- Hine, C., Lockdown fieldwork
- Jamieson, L. 2020. COVID 19 and ‘Big Qual’ Research. International.
- Jowett, A. 2020. Carrying out Research Under Lockdown: Practical and Ethical Considerations.
- Lupton, D (Ed.). 2020. Doing Fieldwork in a Pandemic
- Kara, H. 2020. How the pandemic has transformed research methods and ethics: 3 lessons from 33 rapid responses.
- Morrell, K. Documentary data – rethinking your research strategy
- Ravitch, S. M. 2020. The Best Laid Plans… Qualitative Research Design During COVID-19.
- Remote Research Methods to Use During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Arise
- Salmons, J. 2020. Researchers Respond to Covid-19: Interview with the Editors.
- Samuels, F. 2020. Tips for collecting primary data in a Covid-19 era.
- Wood, E. J. 2020. Resuming Field Research in Pandemic Times.
- Social Research and Insecurity. Social Science Research Council. Insights from the Social Sciences.
- Kara, H., & Khoo, SM. 2020. Researching in the age of COVID-19. Bristol University Press, Rapid Responses, Vol 1-3.
Adapting your research methods in response to COVID-19. 2020. American Psychological Association.
Online Interviews for Scholarly Qualitative Research. 2014.
COVID-19: The Impact on Qualitative Research: A Blip in Time?, QSR webinar, 2021