Welcome to the AIB RM-SIG.
The objectives of the Research Methodology Shared Interest Group are to:
- Provide AIB members with a worldwide forum for scholarly engagement about research methodologies;
- Advance the quality, diversity and understanding of research methodologies in the AIB;
- Provide a repository of knowledge for AIB members on the range of, and trends in, research methodologies;
- Stimulate innovation in research methodologies and promote the use of novel methodologies;
- Organize doctoral training and professional development opportunities for AIB members on research methodologies;
- Alongside the AIB, assist in building the research capacity of new researchers and emerging countries and regions.
Membership is currently free for all AIB members.
Research methods events at AIB annual
One of the core activities of the RM-SIG is to organize methods-related events taking place at the AIB annual meeting.
Keep an eye out for announcements regarding our events in Miami!
1) CARMA-AIB pre-conference workshops
Past workshops have included sessions on quantitative research, qualitative research and research ethics. Workshops are offered in partnership with the Consortium for the Advancement of Research Methods and Analysis (CARMA). Pre-registration for the workshops is required.
2) Research methods clinics
Clinics provide roundtable discussions and direct feedback from a research methods enthusiast.
3) Panel session
The RM-SIG sponsors panel sessions about topical methodological issues and future directions for IB research.
4) Best paper award in research methods
Look out for the award presentation during the main conference – and consider submitting your own paper for consideration!